• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Irritation when urinating

bluehairman

Bluelighter
What could cause these symptoms

Alright, some people may have read my thread I made about a week ago, but things have gotten somewhat more complex so I'm making a new thread.

Basically I've been having a discharge from my penis and sometimes it itches in my urethra, towards the tip. It also burns/is irritating when I urinate. It also feels like I cannot get all the urine out once I stop, it feels like there's some trapped in my urethra. I also feel a slight pressure around my kidneys. Something I've been having since I got this, which I haven't made the connection with until now, is I've been having a headache constantly since 1-2 days after I noticed painful urination.

Originally I thought I had a UTI, and I tried some home treatments which failed. So I visited the doctor, and right away I found out I did not have a UTI and I would fine out later if I had any STD. Right away they treated me for chlamydia and since then the discharge has stopped but it still burns/irritates when I urinate. Since then I've gotten the results and no signs of chlamydia or gonorrhea showed.
Does anyone know what I could possibly have?

Last edited:
I'm going back tomorrow.
It bothers me that I told him I had lower back pain/pressure and he almost completely ignored it. This was the first time I visited him, and I didn't really like things went.

doctors, liek most corporate assholes int he usa, are mostly businessmen before theyre professional scientists. its very important to know the medical industry well, and to know your personal physician well. its highly likely youre doctor is just waving a pen around collecting your insurance money.

a businessman will offer you the cheapest possible service for the highest possible price. a scientist isnt very much concerned with price, instead the focus would be on accurate diagnosis and seeing treatment through to fruition.

that being said, if you can afford it, get a second opinion. sounds like something serious. ive had really bad issues with my sinuses and eustation tubes go on for years because two out of the three physicians i saw whimsically diagnosed me with whatever the hell was on the top of their head, and figured out a solution that would bring in the practice the most money, and make the drug reps the most happy. finally after getting a third opinion, i found out my problem was much simpler than i had thought, and learned my own personal treatment and therapy that required no medicines or surgery at all. i shudder to think that the 2nd doctor wanted to saw my face off and do internal reconstructive surgery!

if you cant afford a second opinion, then you need to politely make the physician as aware as you can about your problems. dont mention this of course, but if your physician neglects to diagnose you properly, and you end up in far worse condition, he/she can lose his/her ability to practice medicine. make sure he or she knows that youre still feeling awkward in your lower back, and nothing has been done about it.

I'm getting nervous thinking it might be a kidney infection. I've had symptoms for 9 days, how long does it take before kidney infections get very serious?